1. Call for the 11th Financial News & KAFA Top-Journal Paper Award
If you have papers published or accepted for the top three journals; Journal of Finance, Journal of Financial Economics, or Review of Financial Studies, during the period of September 2016 through August 2017, please provide us with the following information for the consideration of this award. The author of the selected paper will be awarded a cash grant of $2,500 along with a plaque by the representative of Financial News at the annual KAFA banquet during the 2017 FMA Meetings.
2. Call for the 11th Financial News & KAFA Doctoral Student Dissertation Award
If you are currently doctoral student (ABD status), please submit your dissertation for the consideration of this award. One or two dissertations will be selected for the awards. Each author will be awarded a cash grant of $1,500 along with a plaque by the representative of Financial News at the annual KAFA banquet during the 2017 FMA Meetings.
3. Call for the 11th Shinhan Bank & KAFA Best Paper Award
The KAFA and Shinhan Bank jointly announce that they will select the best research paper/proposal in the all areas of finance written by KAFA members. The author(s) of selected paper/proposal will be awarded a cash grant of $2,500 along with a plaque by the representative of Shinhan Bank at the annual KAFA banquet during the 2017 FMA Meetings.
4. Shinhan Bank and KAFA Scholarship for Ph.D. students
Ph.D. students, who present a paper at the annual 2017 FMA meeting, will be awarded a scholarship of $500 for research support. Please submit your information including name, affiliation, and accepted paper to the secretary general by August 15, 2017. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
5. Dr. Bong-Soo Lee Memorial Scholarship for Ph.D. students
In 2016, KAFA has established a scholarship fund in memory of the late Dr. Bong-Soo Lee, a longtime KAFA member and past President. His surviving children, Chris and Paul Lee, and Microsoft Corporation have contributed to the scholarship, which will make a $2,500 award annually. If you are eligible, please submit (1) your curriculum vitae and (2) a research paper for the consideration of this award. A recipient will be awarded a cash grant of $2,500 along with a plaque by the president of KAFA at the annual KAFA banquet during the 2017 FMA Meetings.
Eligibility: To be considered for the Scholarship, you must meet these minimum requirements:
(1) Be currently a Ph.D. student; and
(2) Be an active KAFA member upon the award announcement
Selection criteria include but are not limited to the following:
(1) Research potentials of the applicant reflected in vitae and the submitted research paper; and
(2) Leadership roles of the applicant in promoting research activities among new and junior members such as assisting KAFA officers in regards to KAFA research activities.
** Required information for the Awards:
ü Title of the Paper, Author(s) (names, affiliations, phones, e-mails), Name of the Journal Issue Date, Volume, and Page Numbers (if published), Copy of the Acceptance Letter (if accepted but not yet published), and Electronic Copy of the Paper
ü Submission Deadline: August 15, 2017
ü Submit materials to: Soku Byoun, President, Soku_Byoun@baylor.edu
All award winners should attend the annual meeting to receive monetary awards.