Two KAFA-FMA special sessions at the 2019 FMA annual meeting in New Orleans
We appreciate Professor Peter Chung, President-Elect, organizing two special sessions in the 2019 FMA meeting. All KAFA members are strongly encouraged to attend the following two sessions (KAFA-BOK and KAFA-KIF).
A standing breakfast is served at 8:00 am. We are grateful to the Bank of Korea (BOK) for sponsoring the breakfast.
- Korea America Finance Association and Bank of Korea Special Session)
Friday, October 25, 8:30 am - 10:00 am (Southdown, 4th Floor, Sheraton New Orleans Hotel)
Moderator: Sahn-Wook Huh, President, Korea America Finance Association, University (SUNY) at Buffalo
- Kook Ka, Bank of Korea, “Economic Policy Uncertainty and Bond Risk Premium.”
- Nam Gang Lee, Bank of Korea, “Evaluating the Effects of Productivity Risks on Long-Run Consumption Risk and Asset Pricing.”
- Sang-Yoon Song, Bank of Korea, “The Cash-Flow Channel of Monetary Policy: Evidence from Mortgage Borrowers.
- Korea America Finance Association and Korea Institute of Finance Special Session
Friday, October 25, 10:15 am - 11:45 am (Southdown, 4th Floor, Sheraton New Orleans Hotel)
Moderator: Peter Chung, President-Elect, Korea America Finance Association, University of California, Riverside
- Minkee Song, Korea Institute of Finance, “An Illusory Effect of Age Frames on Job Growth Statistics.”
- Yajun Xiao, University of College Dublin, “Shadow Money and Economic Growth: Evidence from Chinese WMP Market.”
- Xian Sun, Johns Hopkins University, “The Dark Side of Business Friendliness.”
KAFA Board and Annual Business Meeting/Dinner
- KAFA Executive Board Meeting
When: 2:30 – 4:30 p.m., Friday, October 25, 2019
Where: Waterbury Ballroom, 2nd Floor, Sheraton New Orleans Hotel
- Annual Business Meeting
When: 5:30-6:45 p.m., Friday, October 25, 2019
Where: Oak Alley, 4th Floor, Sheraton New Orleans Hotel
- KAFA Annual Dinner Meeting
We are grateful to the Korea Institute of Finance (KIF) for sponsoring the KAFA Annual Dinner Meeting.
When: 7:30-10:00 p.m., Friday, October 25, 2019
Where: Gangnam Korean BBQ Restaurant
3012 N Arnoult Rd, Metairie, LA 70002
Transportation: Bus (about 30 minute drive from the conference hotel).
Hotel to restaurant: 7:00pm
Restaurant to Hotel (two times): 9:00pm and 10:00pm