Sungkyungkwan University (SKKU) Business School
- Position: One tenure-track position at the Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor rank are available beginning Spring 2019.
- Deadline: August 24 (Fri)
- Link for application: https://faculty.skku.edu/faculty/invite_prof/guide.do
- Contact person: Prof. Jungwon Suh email@example.com
Ulsan National Institute of Science Technology
- The School of Business Administration at UNIST (Ulsan National Institute of Science Technology) invites applications for an Assistant Professor of Finance.
- We are seeking highly qualified candidates who have an active research agenda, and a commitment to effective teaching and service to the university. Candidates for the position must hold a Ph.D. degree in finance or closely related field, or expect to complete a Ph.D. before August 2019. The School of Business offers Bachelor, Master and Ph.D. degrees. All the lectures for undergraduate and graduate programs at UNIST are taught in English. Position responsibilities include teaching graduate and undergraduate courses in finance, conducting research in the field of expertise, overseeing student research.
- UNIST is a research-oriented university in Korea, aiming to become one of world-leading universities in research and higher education. As a research school, we subscribe to many finance/accounting databases including CRSP, Compustat, Datastream, Mergent FISD, DealScan, SDC Platinum, S&P Capital IQ as well as NYSE Daily TAQ. Major statistical software packages such as SAS, Matlab, and STATA are also available via site licenses. UNIST also requires competitive teaching load of three courses per academic year
- UNIST attracts top ranked, high quality students (within top 2.5% students) in Korea as well as international students. The university is located in Ulsan Metropolitan City where Korea’s leading auto, petro-chemical and shipbuilding industries are clustered and have a highest GDP per capita than any other regions in Korea.
- UNIST is offering competitive compensation package. Faculty members at UNIST receive the highest level of starting salaries among the national universities in Korea. Faculty are receiving generous start-up research grants and comprehensive benefits including on-campus modern housing, medical insurance, pension plan, and moving expenses.
- Applications must be submitted electronically at http://invite.unist.ac.kr. Applicant should provide a resume or CV, portfolio of research papers, and letters of recommendation. Review of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
- Please visit the website at http://www.unist.ac.kr for the information about the school and feel free to email to Professor Junyoup Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org for any further inquiry.
Hankuk University of Foreign Studies (HUFS)
- Hankuk University of Foreign Studies (HUFS) School of Business seeks a research scholar for a tenure-track Assistant or Associate level faculty position in Finance beginning March 2019 (September 2019 is possible under some conditions).
- Job qualifications: Qualified candidates must hold a PhD in related field (ABD will be also considered). It is desirable for candidates to have an established record of solid research, evidence of excellence in teaching and a willingness to work closely with students and colleagues.
- How to apply: Applications should include (a) cover letter, (b) full curriculum vita, (c) evidence of excellence of teaching, (d) at least one working paper and (e) list of three references.
- Kindly submit the above items electronically to In Jung Song (email@example.com)
- Review process will begin immediately and continue until the position is After the first-round interview (Skype interview is possible for those outside of Korea), university will officially proceed the following steps. Please contact Prof. In Jung Song for further questions if any
- Hankuk University of Foreign Studies (HUFS) is a private research university based in Seoul, South Korea founded in We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Additional information is available on university website at http://hufs.ac.kr.
University of Sydney
- Job opening at the University of Sydney Business School – Discipline of Finance
- Position: One continuing (equivalent to tenured) at Lecturer (Level B, equivalent to Assistant Professor), beginning Second semester 2019 (July) or can be negotiated.
- Deadline: Oct 3 2018
- Link for application:
- Otherwise, visit Sydney recruitment and search for reference number 1718/0918C
- The closing date is 3 October 2018 but earlier submissions are welcome.
- Contact person: Prof. Susan Thorp firstname.lastname@example.org
- The recruiting committee will hold preliminary interviews at the FMA 2018.